Sunday, March 25, 2007

Next Week


Hey everyone. The number of people that showed up for Friday's meeting was simply pathetic. Four. Come on, guys. I told you all that I would have some of the script for you all to look at and we get the lowest output club history. We need to step it up if we want to finish this thing on time.

Art Show, Sunday March 25th
One Congress Place
111 Congress Av.
Time: 1-3 pm.

Check it out. I have a piece in it as do our other friends. Taylor and I will be discussing aspects of the script to pass the time, so if you see us, pop on over for a sec., eh?

Also, A Dog's Breakfast. We are so close to getting a screening here! Mr. Hewlett and I have been in talks and we just need more people to Request A Screening. Of course, I've had over fifty people tell me that they'll get right on it, but at the moment, it has been more action than talk. If ADB came to Austin, it would be a once-in-a-lifetime (for many of us) chance to really ask questions about the different aspects of Independent Filmmaking, the business, hardships/values/victories, etc. that I am sure would be very educational to all of us.

And speaking of educational, David has written a short article with some great jewels of wisdom, so check it out: http://digg.com/movies/No_market_for_first_time_filmmakers

Here is also a O&A that is most enlightening...and really funny ^^;: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ33gdySoQ0

You can watch the very beginning of it here, but once they start asking questions I would switch back to the former link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAgJjOVKJdc

Sooo, yeah. There will be a meeting on Monday to go over the first installment of the script. Two 'sketches' happen to be on Flower's computer as I typed them up on the plane to Rep. of Georgia (when my eyes were blurring from exhaustion and lack of sleep, but that I had promised myself that I would finish typing up what I had written before I would allow myself to rest...), so I may not have that by Monday -working on it-.

Now, if you've actually been reading this blog, please post a comment. I would like to know if I'm wasting my time and looking back at previous posts, it surely is leaning in that direction.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So...sorry I missed your art show (and your call last night). I came home and crashed because I had been up since five this morning and didn't go to be 'til around 1:30 the same morning.

As far as requesting screenings goes, I requested one this morning and also included information for them about the Arbor and Paramount (in case their looking for something more standard-special-screening-ish). So...yeah. I hope this all works out :)

Email me scrip stuff and I will read it and do anything else that you want me to do with it. Sorry I wasn't there on Friday...

Anonymous said...

No prob. Tyson came *wink* and spent the afternoon chillin' with Short Taylor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for requesting a screening. I am about to email Hewlett to see how many more we need to be a contender >;)

Sent out important email. Read and reply. That is all. Over and out.
[-CZRTCHT!-]

Julian said...

Allison = script awesome

Use elevator I.

Self promotion: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Gambit1138

Ian said...

Anymore info?